Visual Arts Commissions:
• Walford Mill Crafts, Wimborne: emergent artist for ‘The Nature of Mending’ exhibition, work in response to the psychological
healing of Kinder-Transport refugees. ‘Mending Revealed’ group exhibition II, Bridport Arts Centre in March - April 2016.
• AA2A artist in residence 2012-13, at Southampton Solent University. My activities here centred around experimental
printmaking and cyanotype on textile and paper substrates.
•10 days Creative Collisions. Site-specific collaborative piece made in response to the Fisherman’s Chapel in Winchester Cathedral,
in collaboration with the poet, Alwyn Marriage. October 2013
• ‘Mending Revealed’ group exhibition, Bridport Arts Centre, March 2016.
• ‘Agenda’ – Group exhibition at Hiscox head office, London March 2016.
• 10 days - CHALK - co-curator of the City Museum and Cathedral venues in Winchester as part of this Arts Biennial - Oct / Nov 2015
• Lines of Communication, Prism group exhibition at Hoxton Arches, London May 2015 - Exhibitor and co-curator.
• Prism ‘Coded:Decoded’ exhibition part II, at the Knitting and Stitching shows 2014. Exhibitor and co-curator.
• Group exhibition at Sheffield House, September 2014.
• ‘Coded:Decoded’ Prism group exhibition (part 1) Mall Galleries London, May 2014
• AA2A end of residency group exhibition at Southampton Solent University 2013
• ‘The Nature of Mending’ group exhibition at Walford Mill Crafts, Wimborne 2013
• Mottisfont Open Art Exhibition at Mottisfont House, Hampshire 2013
• ‘Liminal’ - Prism group exhibition, Mall Galleries, London and Whitstable Museum 2013
• ‘Gathered Memories’ at the Theatre Royal Winchester 2013 and touring 2014. - Exhibitor and curator.
• Solo Exhibition at Theatre Royal Winchester 2013
• ‘Hidden Spaces, Hidden Places’ Prism Textile Art group, Mall Galleries, London 2012.
Workshops & Talks:
• 10 days - CHALK - schools coordinator for artists engagement - venues in Winchester - Oct / November 2015
• Gum Transfer Lithography and freehand machine embroidery workshops with students from St Swithun’s School, Winchester, 2013 / 2014
• Embroiderer’s Guild Talks (various venues) on my practice, following their acquisition of my piece ‘A Life Worth Living’ (currently on a
national gallery tour) about the imagined alternative WW1 experiences of Paul Nash.
• ‘Artist in The Archive’ conference, Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre. Here I discussed my experiences using
archival material to research the Kinder-Transport. 2013
• Freehand machine embroidery workshop at Walford Mill Crafts to support ‘The Nature of Mending’ exhibition. 2013
• 10 Days Creative Collisions ‘Art collaborating with poetry’ discussion hosted by Stephen Boyce at Winchester Cathedral 2013
Prism Textile Art Group since 2012 . Exhibiting and formerly committee member.
The Embroiderer’s Guild UK archive - ‘A Life worth Living’ 2014 - currently on tour.
Roberta Green Ahmanson Foundation, Private Collection – USA – four pieces.
lisa earley - visual artist
copyright © 2016. all rights reserved.